Imagine a world where all K-12 children have an equal opportunity to acquire an excellent education. That's the Edgenuity mission. Founded in 1998, today Edgenuity partners with schools in all 50 states to provide award-winning curriculum to millions of students across 3500 school districts, and we’re growing! As the leading provider of digital curriculum and instructional services, Edgenuity empowers students, educators and school districts to achieve success in a variety of online and blended learning models.
You will deliver exceptional academic support through our student support model that provides student-centered monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and teaching. Your teaching experience in your specific subject area along with your proficiency in technology will ensure your success in this dynamic role. As a virtual teacher, you will familiarize student to their coursework by providing instruction via chat, phone, e-mail, and virtual white board systems. You will be grading student assignments and communicating with parents, school administrator and clients to ensure student success.
· State teacher certification in core subjects, world language, business, technology, art, health, or physical education, grades 6-12.
· 3 years’ experience as a teacher, preferred.
· 1 year experience teaching in subject area.
· Technically proficient and the ability to learn new technology and online systems quickly.
· Ability to provide a current Fingerprint clearance Card or provide proof of application within 7 days (upon hire).
We offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits choices, including 10 health, 6 dental, and 4 vision plans to choose from and a variety of ancillary benefits. We contribute to an employee’s HSA account and 401(k), and provide at no cost to employees life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability. But even more importantly, we’re a great place to work!